A shared platter experience involves tiered platters of food for each course placed in the centre of the table. Guests serve themselves, and hopefully others, as a lovely way of getting guests to interact with each other, and meeting new people. It really is a fun food experience.
Our shared platter menu options are carefully curated for each event.
They’re also a fabulous, modern choice for weddings.
Contact us to find out more.
Choose from these selections of mains and fresh accompaniments, then add desserts to suit your crowd and budget. Each selection includes freshly baked bread rolls and butter.
Main course – shared platters to the tables
- Moroccan marinated chicken breast with homemade eggplant and coriander chutney
- Crispy skin pork belly with roasted apple or pear wedges
- Oregano flavoured butterflied lamb with hot feta dressing
- Lamb meatballs with home-smoked tomato sauce and cous cous
- Lamb shanks with Kalamata olives
- Harissa marinated beef fillet skewers with preserved lemon
- Glazed chicken pieces with spicy red capsicum relish
- Twice baked cheese soufflé with balsamic reduction (v)
- Tandoori marinated chicken breast, sliced, with minted yoghurt sauce (gf)
- Coconut poached chicken breast with mango (seasonal) and Asian greens (gf, df)
- Lemon and sage marinated turkey breast with cranberry relish (gf, df)
- Prawn, smoked chicken and white bean hotpot (gf, df)
- Glazed leg of ham with condiments (minimum of 30 people)
- Vegetarian frittata wedges (v, gf)
- Chicken and pistachio terrine (gf)
- Lemon and garlic sliced chicken with hommus and red cabbage salad (gf, df)
- Atlantic salmon, served at room temperature with salsa verde (df, gf)
- Lamb backstrap with minted yoghurt and balsamic reduction (gf)
- Ricotta and spinach cannelloni with tomato sauce (v)
- Beef lasagne
- Chicken and mushroom lasagna
- Sticky soy chicken pieces and steamed rice (df)
- Pasta bake with tomato, kalamata olives, chorizo sauce and parmesan cheese
- Sweet potato and chickpea korma with rice (v, gf)
- Mild beef Massaman curry and steamed rice (gf, df)
- Jungle pork curry and steamed rice (gf, df)
- Harissa marinated chicken with preserved lemon and roasted red pepper, with rice (df)
- Beef, beetroot and beer hotpot, with rice (df)
- Chinese BBQ pork with hokkien noodle and Asian greens (df)
Note, a staff member is required for the shared platter service at $150 per staff member (3 hour minimum).
Delivery or pickup
Eat Your Words Catering will deliver your food beautifully plattered and ready to eat, or pick up can also be arranged.