Terms and conditions
Please read these details relating to Eat Your Words Catering.
- All prices quoted include GST.
- Prices may be subject to change without notice.
- A 10% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking.
- EFTPOS facilities are available (Visa, Mastercard) – direct deposit is our preferred method of payment.
- There is a 15% surcharge for any catering on Sundays and public holidays.
- All accounts are strictly seven (7) days, unless otherwise arranged prior to booking.
- Waiting staff or a chef onsite for your function will incur an additional fee of $50 per hour, per staff member. A three-hour minimum for food and beverage service applies.
- Prices include platters, napkins and service utensils. Glassware, crockery or cutlery can be provided, for an additional fee.
- Note, all breakages and losses will need to be paid for by the customer.
- We can hire equipment as required and we do recommend hire companies dependant on what items are required.
- No delivery fees apply within Canberra’s suburban areas.
- Delivery to surrounding regions may incur a fee, so please enquire at time of booking (for example Bungendore, Yass, Murrumbateman).
- Delivery includes a return trip to collect platters and equipment.
- Items can be collected from our kitchen at a suitable time on prior arrangement – please enquire when booking your function.
- Minimum number of people for a function is 10, and the minimum number for finger food functions is 15.
- There are no minimum numbers required for funeral receptions.
- We require at least four days’ notice for most orders as we make everything from scratch.
- Final numbers are required 48 hours prior to your function date.
- Two days’ notice of cancellation or date change is required, otherwise full cost of the function will be due.
Dietary requirements can certainly be catered for, with notice. We cater for as many dietary requirements as we can.
All menus include the following identifiers:
- GF: Gluten Free
- DF: Dairy Free
- V: Vegetarian
Where possible, we will always try to tailor our menus to suit your requirements.